TSKgel Alpha and SuperAW columns were developed for the GPC analysis of polymers of intermediate polarity. As in the PW- and PWxl-type resins, the particles in TSKgel Alpha and SuperAW columns have a hydroxylated methacrylate polymer backbone, but they are crosslinked to a higher degree to minimize swelling in polar organic solvents.
TSKgel Alpha and SuperAW particles are available in a wide variety of pore sizes.
Use semi-micro TSKgel SuperAW columns
- for high-throughput applications
- to reduce solvent consumption
- to reduce solvent disposal cost.
Use TSKgel Alpha columns
- when analysis time is not critical
- when sample mass is not limited
- to collect fractions
- to obtain maximum number of plates (at the expense of analyis time).
TSKgel Alpha and SuperAW columns:
No or minimal swelling in a wide range of polar organic solvents: methanol, acetonitrile, DMSO, isopropanol, THF, and HFIP.
- TSKgel SuperAW, 4-9 μm particles
- TSKgel Alpha, 7-13 μm particles
For high thoughput applications, TSKgel SuperAW columns provide equivalent resolution in 1/2 the time compared to TSKgel Alpha columns.
Accurate MW determination and normal retention of polystrene polymers in DMF solvent.
System peaks from salts in the eluent elute away from the oligomer of interest.
Applications: polymers that are soluble in methanol, acetonitrile, DMSO, isopropanol, or THF; can also be used for water-soluble polymers.